'Amy Winehouse bought £1,200 of crack and heroin the night before she died', claims fixer

By Daily Mail Reporter

A London drug fixer claims he helped Amy Winehouse buy £1,200 of crack cocaine and heroin the night before she died.

Tony Azzopardi, who is due to be re-interviewed by police today, alleged he helped the late singer buy the Class A narcotics in the early hours of July 23rd - the same day she was found dead in her London home.

The 56-year-old, who was introduced to the tragic star by her ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil, claimed he wanted her family to 'know the truth about what happened'.

Unanswered questions: Amy Winehouse on stage in Serbia a month before she died

Azzopardi told the Daily Mirror he bumped into the singer in a black cab near The Eagle pub around 11:30pm on July 22nd.

Several people had previously claimed to have seen Amy outisde the Good Mixer bar in Camden that night.

Azzopardi claims Amy asked him to help her buy some drugs and they rode together in the taxi to West Hampstead, where he made a phonecall to a local dealer.

The fixer: Tony Azzopardi claims to have smoked heroin with Amy Winehouse on Friday, the night before her death

Conflicting reports: Tony Azzopardi claims he helped the singer buy drugs in the early hours of July 23 - the same day she was found dead at her Camden, London home

A short time later, he alleges the singer handed over £1,200 for half an ounce each of crack and heroin.

He claims he last saw her when she dropped him off in Archway, North London before heading back to her Camden home.

Hours later, Amy's lifeless body was found by her bodyguard around 4pm.

Despite Azzopardi's claims, police said they found no drug paraphenalia at the singer's house.

However, the Winehouse family say Azzopardi's story does not match up with Amy's movements.

Winehouse's father Mitch told mourners at Amy's funeral last week how she had quit drinking recently after giving up drugs several years previously.

The family have confirmed they believe Amy quitting booze may have contributed to her untimely death, with her body going into shock or a seizure from alcohol withdrawal.

Mitch said Amy was happy with her boyfriend Reg Traviss and was looking forward to the future in the days leading up to her death.

It could be several weeks before the cause of Amy's death is discovered as her family await a toxicology report.

An initial post-mortem proved inconclusive.

Tim Bittlestone, of solicitors Leslie Franks, confirmed to the Mirror: 'Myself and Azzopardi attended Kentish Town police station. We will speak to them again on Monday.'

A police spokesperson refused to comment.

A spokesperson for Amy could not be reached for comment

source: dailymail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...