'People who say they can't lose weight are lying': Mila Kunis on how losing 20lb for Black Swan changed her views on body image

By Daily Mail Reporter





She shed an astonishing 20lb from her already slim frame to play a ballerina in Oscar-winning movie Black Swan.



And now Mila Kunis has admitted losing the weight has entirely changed her views on body image.



The 27-year-old actress, a self-confessed 'foodie', said she was stunned with how much her body was capable of changing.



To the point: Mila Kunis revealed her views on body image changed after she had to lose 20lb for Oscar-winning movie Black Swan





She told the new issue of Britain's Glamour magazine: 'I don’t think I ever fully realised what a human body is capable of doing. But I think I was also, in a beautiful way, incredibly naïve.



'I believed I could do anything. I never for one moment thought that I couldn’t do it. I believe in hard work. In self-drive and self-worth.



'I'm a huge foodie, I love food. But when people say, ‘I can’t lose weight’, no no no, you can. Your body can do everything and anything, you just have to want to do it.'



Slender: Mila had to put her body through a punishing regime to star in Black Swan





Mila, who was born in Chernivtsi in the Ukrainian SSR, also revealed she finds it difficult to accept that people find her attractive - despite the fact she won Spike TV’s Guys’ Choice award this summer for the Holy Grail of Hot.



Talking about the award, Mila laughed: 'It’s insane. Listen, I couldn’t be happier to get any of this, because I think it’s hysterical and it makes all my friends laugh.



'If somebody finds me attractive, God bless them, I think it’s fantastic.'



Mila added the reason she is able to stay so refreshingly grounded in the movie industry is because she stays positive.



Refreshingly honest: In a new interview with Glamour magazine, Mila says people who say they can't lose weight are just being naive





She said: 'I’m in an industry based on rejection. On negativity and let-downs.



'People are rejected every single day purely based on opinion, about who’s a good actress, who’s a bad actress, who’s pretty, who’s ugly, who’s fat, who’s skinny.



'So why go there? You have to have a positive outlook. Otherwise you’re in a very dark place.'



Mila can next be seen in this summer's hottest romcom, Friends With Benefits, alongside Justin Timberlake.



Slimming down: Mila looking curvier back in 2001, and showing off her figure in a tight red dress at a premiere last month





But despite reports the actors are more than friends, Mila was quick to scotch the rumours.



The pair raised eyebrows in June when she and Justin, 30, presented an award to Robert Pattinson by sending up rumours that they were a couple with Justin cupping Mila’s breasts as she gripped his crotch.



They then furthered relationship reports when they were spotted on an apparent date in London last week.



However, Mila insisted the claim was 'an unfortunate thing that comes with the circumstances, but there’s no truth to it whatsoever.'



Just friends, no benefits: Mila has denied rumours of a relationship with her Friends With Benefits co-star Justin Timberlake





She added: 'Being single, I find myself not being able to be in a room with a man without, the next day, I’m dating that man. That happened for a solid six months (after Black Swan) when maybe - maybe! - I’d been in the same room.'



But Mila did say of her co-star: 'He’s incredibly funny, we laughed a lot on set,' saying of the MTV skit: 'We thought it was hilarious and we were promoting an R-rated comedy.'



As for what she's looking for in a man - it's humour rather than looks.



They'd make a good-looking pair! Mila and Justin were seen promoting their movie in London last month





She said: 'Humour is an amazing quality to have. I like sarcasm, satire, self-deprecating humour. But I also think there’s something to be said for not looking for anything and being pleasantly surprised.'



And despite the fact that Mila was catapulted into super-stardom through her role in Black Swan, she remains logical about how much her profession affects the rest of the world.



She explained: 'No one’s curing cancer in this industry, remember? It’s not changing the world. It’s just entertainment, an art, a form of escapism. My friends and family are my number one thing in life, but you need a healthy balance.



'It’s not to say my goal in life is to have a family and kids, and let that be my number one priority either.



'This is a phenomenal job, but the most important lesson I’ve learnt is that you never want to let your only source of happiness come from something that’s so filled with uncertainty.'





source:dailymail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...