I ding dang do! Paddy McGuiness's dating show Take Me Out scores first engaged couple

By Jody Thompson





TV romance: Kayleigh Kane, flashing her ring, and Fabian De Fabiani have got engaged after meeting on dating show Take Me Out





Saturday night dating show Take Me Out is celebrating its first engagement - but the happy couple almost fell at the first hurdle when the prospective dater rejected his fiancée on the show.



Teacher Fabian De Fabiani, 24, chose another contestant instead of Kayleigh Kane, 22, on the episode of the Paddy McGuinness-hosted show, which was shown on New Year's Day this year.



But afterwards, Fabian realised that he'd picked the wrong girl and tracked nursing student Kaleigh down on Facebook.





He told today's Sun: 'I really kicked myself. She was so beautiful. You go on it, there are all these lights, the adrenalin is going, and I wasn't as observant as I should have been.'



Kaleigh said she had been crushed when he rejected her too, saying: 'I was disappointed. I thought he seemed amazing but he didn't look at me once. I think he was too busy showing off.'



However, she was thrilled when he got in touch after the show - then when they met up properly and went on a date, they realised there was a spark.



Beside the seaside: Fabian proposed to Kayleigh here, on Eastbourne beach in East Sussex





Fabian, from Beckenham, south London, then popped the question to Kayleigh as they walked along the beach near her home in Eastbourne, East Sussex.



The pair told The Sun they will be invited Paddy, 37, famed for his 'ding dang doo!' catchphrase, to their nuptials when the date is finally arranged.



Kayleigh gushed: 'I didn't think I would be the sort of person who would be engaged to someone I met on TV, but it's just amazing.



'He's gorgeous. And he makes me feel like I'm the only woman in the world. He leaves notes telling me he loves me, a T-shirt that smells of him, and has sent flowers.'



At the helm: Take Me Out is hosted by Paddy McGuinness





The fun show features 30 women from across the UK looking for a man.



One single guy then walks into the studio to give his name, age and where he is from.



Each of the girls have a light in front of them and if at any point they decide this guy is not for them, they switch him off.



Take them out: The show features 30 women all looking for Mr Right





Each week, the girls return to the show for another chance to find Mr. Right - and when and if they're chosen, they get sent on a date to mythical nightclub Fernando's, which is also filmed for the show.



The ITV1 show, with the catchphrase 'No likey, no lighty' is currently recruiting prospective contestants for the next series.



Single ladies and gentleman are asked to go to http://www.itv.com/takemeout for all details.





source:dailymail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...