'I like showing off my waist and butt': Jane Fonda, 73, displays her age-defying figure in a sheer dress

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Age defying: Jane Fonda discusses her body image, men and getting older in a new interview with this month's Harper's Bazaar magazine

She may be 73, but Jane Fonda is looking - and feeling - as good as a woman a third of her age.

A photograph of the actress and fitness guru in the new issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine shows her looking stunning in a slinky black dress complete with sheer panels with polka dot detail.

The actress tells the publication that she has learned to love herself after a long battle with bulimia and issues with her self image.


Tips: Jane Fonda is promoting her new self help guide Prime Time


She eventually stopped and instead turned to exercise. 'I don't do lunges, though, because I have a fake knee and a fake hip,' says Jane, who is promoting her new new self help book Prime Time.

Despite her incredible figure, which she recently showed off to wide admiration at the Cannes Film Festival, the star reveals she has long battled with her own self image, partly due to her relationship with her father, actor Henry Fonda.


Slinky: The actress wowed onlookers with her clingy white gown on the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival back in May


Now the actress is not letting her age get in the way of vanity.

'I’m vain,' she says. 'My arms are thin, but I’m vain about loose flesh. And so I’m careful that what I wear will show off my best parts, which are my waist and my butt.'

But she is conscious of not trying to dress too young for her age.

'I have people in my life who will say, "Honey, you’re trying too hard," she says. 'I like being saucy, but I’m 73 and a half. I’m still trying to find my way between matronly and coltishness.'


Claim to fame: Jane's role as Barbarella in the 1967 film thrust her firmly into the public eye


Revelations: Jane Fonda's interview appears in this month's Harper's Bazaar magazine

source :dailymail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...