Westlife's Kian Egan announces he and wife Jodi Albert are expecting their first baby

By Sarah Bull


Excited: Westlife singer Kian Egan has revealed he and wife Jodi Albert are expecting their first child together


Westlife star Kian Egan and his wife Jodi Albert have announced they are expecting their first child.

The 31-year-old singer told fans on his Twitter page this afternoon that he and Parade singer Jodi are 'delighted' about the prospect of becoming parents.

He wrote: 'Myself and my wife @JodiWonderland are delighted to say we are expecting our first baby! We are so happy and cannot wait to be parents x.'


Former Hollyoaks actress Jodi, 28, also reiterated the couple's statement on her Twitter page.

The couple married in a romantic ceremony on Turtle Beach in the Caribbean in May 2009, after five years together.

Since then, Kian has been working hard not only in Westlife but also managing Jodi's girlband Wonderland.

Proud: Kian announced the news on his Twitter page this afternoon


Talking about her hopes for the success of the group recently, Jodi said she was looking forward to the challenge of competing with the success of bands such as Girls Aloud.

She said: 'I know that Girls Aloud may reform next year, but I welcome that as I think we can hold our own. If we become half as successful that’s be amazing.'

'We have gained quite a few fans, though, in part thanks to Westlife who we’ve opened for in concert in front of 70-odd thousand people – not many new bands get that chance. It’s been great for us and the reception’s been good.'


Expecting: Jodi kept her stomach hidden as she and Kian stepped out last month


But Jodi also revealed she actually had to audition for her husband before he agreed to put her in the band.

She said: 'Don’t get me wrong, it was probably one of the hardest auditions I’ve ever had to do and I’ve been to a lot of auditions in my life.

'But I just had to grit my teeth and go for it, and forget for a second about everything else. I thought to myself, I either want to do this and get signed or I can get silly about it and then I may as well just go home.'



source:dailymail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...