A dose of Bob Ong Quotes

Bob Ong, who is he? Bob Ong or Roberto Ong is just one of the typical book author here in Philippines but writes in conversational Filipino. In his write ups, he created humorous and reflective depictions of life as a Filipino.

I first saw his book Bakit Baligtad Magbasa ng Libro ang mga Pilipino? ()  few years ago but never had a chance to read it so I just asked my friend how have the book what's all about the it. Friend simply replied it's all about reality in life particularly us (Filipino) but in so humorous way.The book actual tel about good and of course bad side of being Filipino.

In Goodreads.com, a book reviewer was quoted about his book Bakit Baligtad Magbasa ng Libro ang mga Pilipino?:

"Filipinos really patronize Bob Ong's works because, while most of his books may have an element of comedy in them, this is presented in a manner that replicates Filipino culture and traditions. This is likely the reason why his first book - and those that followed it, can be considered true Pinoy classics."

Anyway, why did I came up with this Bob Ong Quotes post? Actually, Ark approached me earlier and told how bout posting about Bob Ong quotes since one of the hottest searches today. Why not? Below is the graph within 30 days of the keyword Bob Ong quotes.

Not really bad at all.

So much for that SEO stuff about Bob Ong quotes. Anyway, here's one of Bob's quote that I have found over the Internet.

Mangarap ka at abutin mo. Wag mong sisihin ang sira mong pamilya, palpak mong syota, pilay mong tuta, o mga lumilipad na ipis. Kung may pagkukulang sa’yo mga magulang mo, pwde kang manisi at maging rebelde. Tumigil ka sa pag-aaral, mag-asawa ka, mag-drugs ka, magpakulay ka ng buhok sa kili-kili. Sa banding huli, ikaw din ang biktima. Rebeldeng walang napatunayan at bait sa sarili.

If we translate the said quote,  Dream and achieve it. Don't blame your broken family, your dumb boyfriend/girlfriend, sprained dog or flying cockroach. If your parents have shortcomings on you, you can blame them and be rebel. Stop going to school, get married, use drugs, dye your underarm hairs. In the end, you're the victim. A rebel who have not proven anything and insane.

Ooops that's nose bleeding for me!


Moral lesson of the quote : Perhaps one's dream should not have any hindrance in achieving it. Blaming someone or anyone else will not bring anything at all to you.

Whew! That's really a great Bob Ong quotes and to be honest I belong to a broken family and I should say that's it's really true. If I kept on blaming my parents with what they did, perhaps I haven't finished any degree in college or perhaps I won't be blogging or learned anything about computer at all. Final words, go get to work to achieve your dreams, not later or tomorrow but today!

P.S. I'm thinking of posting a series of Bob Ong quotes here. Sort of reflection and assessment post for me once a month. That's it for today.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...