What do you think are major issues in our community (LGBT)? I mean, I can think of many and I'm sure you can too.
In one of our sessions, we were asked to discuss the five questions that beset in our community.
- What are 5 key gaps in our movement?
- How can we engage more effectively across race/ethnicity?
- How can we engage more effectively across generations?
- How can we engage more effectively across faith/non-faith lines?
- How can we ensure the LGBT blogosphere is strong and well-funded?
- Some gaps are- social economic status, race issues, access to resources
- Effective mentorship opportunities between elders and youngsters
- Better resources for LGBT seniors
- Stronger political awareness and understanding
- Supporting LGBT writers and activists
Let me know what you think.